“There is no way of telling people that they are all walking around shining like the sun.”
– Thomas Merton
Feral housewife with an iPad Pro and Procreate.
Old hag in training.
Years ago a dear friend and mentor suggested writing a bio without using the word, “I.” This was a no brainer for me, as my Dad and I would discuss how to describe who you were without declaration. To do this, it seems fitting to use on my favorite writing tools – the bullet points. As you will learn . . . over the course of looking at my site . . . that another grammatical love of mine is the ellipses.
Without further ado, the points.
- Human being residing on the pale blue dot known as, “Earth.” While many have thought otherwise, modern science proclaimed me fully homo sapien. My ancestors are mostly North European, with a heavy lean toward the Scandinavians, and my DNA carries something known as “the Viking gene.” [insert shrug emoji here] Also, there is a significant amount of North European Celt, a bit of North African nomad, a few percentage points of Ashkenazi Jew, and a touch of Native North American.
- For those just sitting on the edge of your set to know more . . . my family consists of: one husband, some kids, domestic animals, wild things in the back yard, and random travelers who enjoy discussing topics about being free thinkers. Pretty exciting, ‘eh?
- My pronouns are she/her, and to honor your life path, please feel free to share yours. Love is love, and if your family doesn’t feel that way — my folx will embrace you. This is a hate free zone.
- Ordained interfaith minister that leans toward the secular steampunk neo-Buddhist Pantheist side. Also, my soul thinks Gandhi said it best with this quote: “God has no religion.” Do I “believe”? Of course. Do theologians, gurus, zealots, and the like have all the answers? Absolutely not.
- After 20 years of working as a legit, and certified, holistic wellness practitioner, 2020 taught me that maybe it’s time to take a break form offering sensible advice. Plus, with all the Internet experts on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter, my career path was becoming obsolete. (Please reference the lyrics to Puscifer’s, The Remedy to understand that last sentence a little better.)
- Here’s a touch of pretension for you: award winning poet, published author, award winning photographer, professional artist (unrepresented) with over 400 original pieces in circulation around the world.
- My yard should be full of flowers, food gardens, chickens, and all the other things that make me an influencer online. At this time, it’s mostly mole holes, remnants of the great 2020 Garden Disaster, and the skeleton of a tomato cage. However, as they say in the Green Thumb business, “There’s always next year!”
- Was “famous” once. Don’t recommend it. Only gave me tons of stress, the desire to “fit in,” and increased social anxiety.
- At times there will be writings about the interesting and fun times my family has with our genetics. However, you will NOT find any rantings about things like: big pharma, hidden conspiracies, food shaming, medicine shaming, lifestyle shaming, or any shaming, really.
- Favorite authors: Charles de Lint, Terry Pratchett, John O’Donohue, Rumi, Thomas Merton, Susun Weed
- Favorite books: Dune, The Onion Girl, The Kin of Ata Are Waiting for You, Anam Cara
- Favorite bands/musicians: Tycho, the many facets of Maynard James Keenan, Bach, every lo-fi chillhop channel on YouTube and Spotify
- Yes, there’s a Facebook page for my site. No, you will not find me posting anything on the darned personal profile that is required to create aforementioned page.
- Twitter confuses me, and the Penny Hoarder won’t leave me alone while trying to read about the latest Animal Crossing updates.
- Instgram is fun. You’ll see my posts over to the right.
- Also on Reddit, Discord, Tumblr, and DeviantArt. However, if you try to message me on any of those sites, it might take a red hot hour for me to reply.
- Yes, a podcast is on the way.
- Absolutely not an influencer. Just don’t have the time, nor the desire, to constantly manage the persona of personality.
- Patreon and YouTube videos are in the works.
- Everybody, you are totally, and 100%, loved by me. Heck, you are liked and supported, too. However . . . and this is a biggie — if you feel the need to come wipe your taint all over my world, you will be turned over to the proper authorities. You’ve been warned. Thank you for understanding!
- Experts say that the use of profanity can indicate a high IQ. Not sure if that is true or not, but if you have sensitivity to colorful language . . . this might not be the place for you.
Feel free to click one of those “follow” buttons to the right if you want to keep up with my day-to-day goings on.
Shine on, you crazy diamonds!